It is the Party season and Precision Tune Auto Care’s driving ambition would be to keep Americans safe on the highway using their 25th annual Safe Driving Strategies for the holiday season.
1. Don’t drive intoxicated by alcohol rather than permit another person that has been consuming they are driving. Based on Moms Against Driving Under The Influence, the amount of unrestrained and/or alcohol-related traffic deaths from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve elevated in 2004 from greater than 2,100 in 2003 to two,237.
2. Put on a seatbelt. It’s greater than a law it’s shown to reduce fatalities. Research through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) finds that lap/shoulder safety belts, when used, prevent fatal injuries to front-seat passenger vehicle occupants by 45 percent and the chance of moderate-to-critical injuries by 50 %. For light truck occupants, safety belts prevent fatal injuries by 60 % and moderate-to-critical injuries by 65 %.
3. Avoid driving when you are fatigued or taking medication that can make you drowsy. The NHTSA conservatively estimates that 100,000 police-reported crashes would be the direct consequence of driver fatigue every year. This leads to an believed 1,550 deaths, 71,000 injuries, and $12.5 billion in financial losses. Based on the National Sleep Foundation’s 2005 Sleep in the usa poll, 60% of adult motorists – about 168 million people – say they’ve driven an automobile while feeling drowsy previously year, and most one-third, (37% or 103 million people), have really fallen asleep in the wheel! Actually, of individuals who’ve nodded her head off, 13% say they’ve done this at least one time per month. 4 % – roughly eleven million motorists – admit they’ve had any sort of accident or near accident simply because they dozed off or were too tired they are driving.
4. Drive defensively and keep the rate limit. Based on NHTSA, speeding-related crashes led to 13,192 fatalities in 2004. (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, NHTSA, 2005)
5. Anticipate issues before they happen. On the road, be aware of potential functions that could cause crashes and adjust driving and speed accordingly.
6. Keep an urgent situation package inside your vehicle, together with a call-for-help sign, a flare along with a first-aid package.
7. Practice routine vehicle maintenance to prevent highway breakdowns, together with a check up on brakes, hoses, belts, horn, car windows solvent, wipers and headlights. Keep the vehicle correctly lubricated, tuned and oiled. Never mix radial tires with other kinds of tires, and make certain your tires, as well as your spare, are correctly inflated as suggested inside your user guide.
8. Emergencies occur. Prepare yourself having a billed operable mobile phone, try not to make use of the phone when you are driving. Based on the Harvard Center for Risk Analysis, motorists speaking on their own phones have the effect of about 6 % of U.S. car accidents every year, killing an believed 2,600 people and injuring 330,000.
9. For front-wheel skids, wait for a front wheels to grip the street before straightening the vehicle for rear-wheel skids, right before the trunk wheels stop skidding, counter steer before you get back the preferred direction.
10. Maintain safe following distance with regards to existing climate conditions. Drive defensively and lower speed to some safe pace.